Old news from home page
- Heads up! At SETAC Europe 2023 (30 April), there are
two short course dealing with GUTS: general
- 25 February 2021: Version 1.1 of the openGUTS
standalone has been released. See download
page. Over the next days, the downloads for the
manual and source code will be updated as well.
- 12 February 2021: The paper on the openGUTS algorithm
is now available in final format, and included into a
- 9 January 2021: Best wishes for the new year! Forgot
to provide the link to the new paper on the algorithm
used in openGUTS for calibration and error propagation.
It is still only available in 'early view': DOI:
- 29 August 2020: The general statistical framework and
the automated optimisation algorithm as developed for
openGUTS have been described in detail in a manuscript,
including an extensive supporting information. This
manuscript has been accepted for publication in IEAM; a
link will be provided here when the paper is available
- 26 May 2020: update of the Matlab version of openGUTS.
This version 1.1 repairs the error that was discovered
(the standalone still has this error, so do take a look
at the dedicated document for this error). See download page.
- 20 May 2020: document explaining the error linked to
the error warning (on this page above, and on the
downloads page). Also updated the 'list of known issues'
with this error, and a few more small GUI bugs.
- 20 May 2020: openGUTS on-line, completely-DIY, short
course is now available. See course
- 19 May 2020: error found in the IT calculations. More
information and workarounds/repairs coming soon.
- 10 May 2020: small update to the interpretation
document, adding a section with a brief description of
the model and its parameters (and what they do).
Furthermore some small textual changes and error repair.
- 21 April 2020: updated the "list with known issues"
with a few small bugs and additional items for the
wishlist. See download page.
- We will provide a half-day short course on the
openGUTS software at the virtual SETAC Europe in May
2020. See the
SETAC web page, and scroll down to "TC11 -
Introduction to Effect Modelling with the User-Friendly
Software OpenGUTS." We need to see how SETAC will
support the short courses on-line, so more information
will follow. There will also be a poster on openGUTS at
this conference (ID 4.07P.4).
- 12 December 2019: added the source code and an updated
version of the design document. See download page.
- 10 December 2019: version 1.0 of the standalone is
available for download (with manual, but not yet with
the source code). Furthermore, a new version of the
Matlab version (previously known as the prototype). Also
updates of the manuals and for several of the background
documents. See download page.
- 4 November 2019: update for the openGUTS prototype in
Matlab, and small update to its manual and design doc.
See download page.
- 18 Sept. 2019: the planned course
on openGUTS in October 2019 has been cancelled.
Unfortunately, we had insufficient registrations.
- 30 Aug. 2019: small update to the design and
interpretation documents on the download
- 22 July 2019: update of the test document (includes
ring test but also additional data sets with difficult
properties). See download page.
- 12 July 2019: another update of the prototype, solving
a few minor bugs and adding some nice features (wait
bars and error boxes). See download
- 23 May 2019: tiny update of the prototype. It now
includes the same set of exposure profiles as used in
the EFSA scientific opinion. See download page.
- 22 May 2019: added a walkthrough
through the code of the prototype (made with Matlab's
- 21 May 2019: a number of background documents are
- 17 May 2019: first release of the openGUTS prototype
in Matlab. See download page.
- 14 May 2019: the website is online! Not all pages are
completely filled at this point ....